In the second quarter of this year which is soon! Huawei (officially Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.) a Chinese multinational networking and telecommunications equipment company headquartered in Shenzhen will release the Huwaei Ascend D Quad Android powered smartphone.
I bet you’re thinking this smartphone will be just like any other on the market well YOUR WRONG! The Ascend D Quad even before its launch has been given the lofty title of the fastest smartphone in the world!
Huawei announced the Ascend D Quad at the recent Mobile World Congress event in Barcelona, which came as a bit of a surprise to everyone considering the fact that Huawei had no significant smartphones on the market or plans to do so a year ago.
Huawei Ascend D Quad
Running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich this is a seriously powerful mobile phone. The Huawei Ascend D quad is an entertainment powerhouse with its 4.5 inch 720p high definition touchscreen, and the mobile industry’s most powerful 32-bit true colour graphic processor (GPU). Even the Ascend D quad’s display is an amazing feat of technology, the PPI 330 screen provides crystal clear viewing even under direct sunlight.
Huawei have taken into consideration power consumption with this new smartphone, which I must admit is a no brainer especially when you consider the dismal battery performance of other top end smartphones. To this end Huawei have included their own proprietary power management system that can save up to 30% in energy savings (Exactly how much time before charging this will save a user we don’t know)
Huawei K3V2 Quad Core
The Huawei Ascend D quad doesn’t get the title of fastest smartphone in the world by packing any old quad core CPU. A recent benchmark test was undertaken to compare Huawei’s first foray into the world of fast core processors and to the testers surprise it performed really well. When compared to rival NVIDIA’s quad-core Tegra 3 processor, which can be found in a number of smartphones, the K3V2 performs considerably better. When compared to Samsung’s dual-core Exynos chipset over clocked to 2 GHz speeds on the Galaxy Note smartphone, the K3V2 comes out on top, but only slightly.
Huawei says that the phone will begin to be available starting June this year. The Huawei Ascend D quad is expected to be released at a price that will undercut competitors despite offering top notch performance. According to the Huawei, The Ascend D series, which includes a dual-core model, the standard quad-core edition and an XL model that boasts a more power efficient battery, will be anywhere from 20 to 50 percent cheaper than competing manufacturers handsets.
Huawei Ascend D Quad Advertisement
Huawei Ascend D Quad Features
- Dimensions 129 x 64 x 8.9 mm
- IPS+ LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.5 inche displayli>
- Multitouch input method,Vibration, MP3 ringtones,Loudspeaker
- 3.5mm jack,Dolby Mobile 3.0 Plus sound enhancement
- MicroSD, up to 32GB, 8 GB ROM, 1 GB RAM
- GPRS,EDGE,HSDPA,Wi-Fi,Wi-Fi hotspot,Bluetooth,USB
- 8 Megapixel camera, 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus, dual-LED flash
- Video recording 1080p@30fps,Secondary camera 1.3 MP, 720p
- Geo-tagging,Android OS v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Huawei K3V2 Quad-core CPU 1.2 GHz
- Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- A-GPS support,Java MIDP emulator,HTML Browser
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+,MP4/H.263/H.264 player
- SNS integration, TV-out (via MHL A/V link)
- Organizer,Document editor,Photo viewer/editor
- Voice memo/dial/commands,Predictive text input
- Standard battery, Li-Ion 1800 mAh
So with the upcoming release of the new Huawei Ascend D Quad do manuafcturers like HTC, Sony, Samsung and even the mighty Apple have a new contender to do battle with?
Share Your Opinion!
Like this post? Please share with your friends too..